Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I had some pizza at a restaurant with baby broccoli on it and it was so good. I have some frozen baby broccoli and pizza making ingredients but I don't know how to prepare the broccoli. The pizza was called "roasted vegetable pizza" so I'm guessing it was roasted? But I don't know how to roast vegetables. I don't usually cook, which is why I probably sound pretty stupid for asking this.|||This is not a stupid question at all, if you haven't oven roasted vegetables before, it may sound quite daunting, thank you for asking!!!!!! Oven Roasted means a vegetable is cut up in pieces (the size is up to you) and oven roasted on high heat (375-450) in a single layer to soften and somewhat caramelize the veggie while soaking in it's seasonings that you put on it. The simple spices are Olive Oil, butter, salt and pepper, this way the Broccoli or other vegetables will become soft while soaking in all of the flavors of your seasonings. This is where you can also become creative with various spices, but we'll just start simply for now. Please remember that the larger you cut your veggies, the longer they will take to cook, so if you're making Broccoli for one pizza, you could cut it into smaller pieces and cook it only for about 10 minutes, so please be cautious of that. Or, you could also saute it in small pan, resulting in a faster cooking process with almost the same results. But, sauteing and oven baked are totally different tastes. Hope I've answered your question today and not given too much information to confuse you, I'm making a roasted veggie quesadilla tonight, love it! May you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season!|||Roasting is pretty easy. Put your veggies on a baking sheet, salt and pepper, and put in the oven.

Its really a matter of your taste. If you don't mind a more raw veggie, then put it on the pizza and bake. Technically the veggies are being roasted.

If you like your veggies more cooked, then do the first step of putting them on the baking sheet.|||I wouldn't even think to roast it I would just think to cut it into small bits and put it on like any other ingredient o.o

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment