Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I recently ordered 25 pizzas to be delivered from a mile down the street. Everything I am reading says that I should tip between 15-20%, but I think that is absurd. The order cost $275. I tipped $7 which I think was generous. After all, the effort delivering 1 pizza is very similar to that delivering 5 or 10 or more. I think a flat rate of $3-$5 is generally appropriate. Was my tip appropriate?|||Ordered 25 pizzas to be delivered.

The order cost $275. I tipped $7 which I think was generous.

I think a flat rate of $3-$5 is generally appropriate.

The effort delivering 1 pizza is very similar to that delivering 5 or 10 or more.

Was my tip appropriate?

I put these key comments back in order, just the way you put them above.

If you reread them this way, and still don't get how ridiculous you are/sound....Next time buy 25 frozen pizza's from the market and cook them yourself!

Especially since you can't afford it the other way. I think that everyone might be missing the fact that I bet 100% you did not even pay the $275 yourself. I'm totally sure you had your guests pitch in as well! Which makes this even worse!!!!!!!!|||If it's one of these places that charges a delivery fee regardless of how much the total bill is, then you can subtract the delivery fee from the tip.

Some people will argue that even that is not appropriate. If you are spending $275 on food from the establishment, then I think it's rather crass of them to even think of charging the fee. If you were spending $20, then the delivery fee would be justified.

Tipping is one of those issues that seem to have some rules, but is really left up to common sense and judgment. In this case, your tip of roughly 2.5% was absolutely not appropriate. You should have tipped at least the 15% at the minimum based solely on the size of the order and assuming that the food arrived within a reasonable time frame, in good condition, and hot.

What I do not understand is that you have no problem forking over $275 for the food, but balk at tipping the $40 (approximately at 15%). Is the tipping cost really an issue when you are buying that much pizza? I would hope not.

The alternative would be to drive the mile down the street and pick up the food yourself if tipping is that much of an issue for you. Picking it up yourself should not be a problem though as you say yourself, and I quote, "After all, the effort delivering 1 pizza is very similar to that delivering 5 or 10 or more."|||not at all! If the job of bring the 25 pizzas from a mile down the street was so easy, why didn't you go get it? Seriously. You pay for convenience. The same reason a 2 liter soda and a 1 liter soda are about the same price, your not gonna drink from a 2 liter on the way home from the store so you pay the same for the smaller more convenient 1 liter.

I'm not saying in this case you should have tipped $40-$60 but an extra $20 or even $15 wouldn't have hurt. If you can afford $300 in pizza you can afford to tip. That's just rude that you would not do so.

15-20% is a NECESSITY for tipping at restaurant where the servers and bartenders make $2.13 which is the minimum wage for tipped employees, they do NOT in fact make the federal minimum wage $7.25. And they live off tips.|||You tip a pizza delivery person the same amount as you'd tip a cab driver - 15%-20%. Order pizza from someplace else next time, or you may find that all the cheese on all your pizzas has "mysteriously" slipped off the pizzas and into the boxes. Untipped pizza delivery people tend to get careless with the way they let the boxes tilt. And they tend to take pizzas that fall out of the box, brush them off and put them back in the box without saying anything.|||I would have been insulted at a $7.00. Is carrying 25 pizzas the same as carrying 5, no. That being said, I would not have given less than $25.00. It is not the delivery boys problem that you live close to the pizza shop, he still has to do his job and still had to carry around your 25 pizzas. I would walk to that shop and tell them you were having a stressful day and didn't tip the delivery man appropriately and hand him $25.00.

I do not usually tip 20% for delivery. But, I usually tip $3 to $4 on a pizza order for two or three people.|||Your tip was ridiculous and you should be embarrassed!

25 pizza's and you gave $7 bucks!? And you said you though it was generous! I laughed my A** off when I read that!

I give $3-5 for 1 large pizza!

I would have at least given them $40 bucks or more!

I'm sure he/she didn't make 1 trip to your door with all 25! And who cares how far or short away the trip was. Go pick them up yourself next time if your so stingy and rude.....Se how many trips it takes you to cary 25 - HOT pizza's to your car, and then into your house.|||I am really finding it so hard to believe that this is Truly a "Real" question, and not something you put up just to see the reactions.

There is no way you could have thought this was generous, appropriate or simply OK at all!

If it is true, I don't know why you didn't give more. From the sounds of this, I'm sure you charged your guests a cover charge at the door and made money off of them anyway!|||You should have tipped $50. If you cannot afford the tip you cannot afford the food!!!

If I were you I would never order from that pizza place again... they are going to remember you, in fact, the guy probably told everyone about it when he got back! I would be scared to eat that pizza next time I ordered from them.|||you should tip 15-20% of the bill before taxes and discounts. This is the service/delivery fee that the company expects you to pay instead of just charging for it with the food. Unfair yes, but that's how it works. So for $275 you should have tipped $41.25 for 15% or $55.00 for 20%.|||Hecks no, that really was cheap and miserly of you. If you have that much money to be spent on greasy pizzas, you have $25-40 to tip the guy. Seven dollars is an insult for that much work, I'd rather just not tip anything. At the least, you could've coughed up $20, $25 even. And that's still pretty cheap.|||Oh, Hell no you didn't!|||you are a cheap bastard.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment