Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I sometimes order pizza with no sauce. I'm looking for ideas like that: Unusual ways to enjoy pizza from chain restaurants.|||Just as you said, you can try it entirely without sauce, but you can also ask for a substitute sauce which will vary with the products the shop carries. For example, almost all places have garlic butter, which is fantastic when used as a sauce alternative. Alfredo sauce is yummy also, though they might charge a bit more for it, and ranch is good as a sauce. One of my favorite pizzas to make when I had my own restaurant was to spiral hot sauce and ranch together for the sauce, then add cheese and small bits of chicken.

I also have added crushed red peppers to the sauce before the toppings, or you can ask them to apply on top before they bake it. Parmesan will make a bigger difference in the flavor of a pizza than you may think, too. For something very different, you can use barbeque sauce, usually with chicken, maybe onions, bacon...

Whether the toppings are on top of or under the cheese will make a difference in the flavor; this applies to pepperoni in particular. When on top it gets a bit crispier and more well-done. A popular item within my stores was a cheese bread or garlic butter pizza (essentially the same thing) with pepperoni placed on top of the cheese. A spicier alternative is, again, the garlic butter base, mozzarella cheese, a bit of cheddar cheese, with jalapenos and bacon. I used to dip this in the nacho cheese sauce when I ran a Papa John's.

If you like the ingredients, a regular pizza with cheddar added, plus mushrooms and/or bacon and/or tomatoes is a good combo. You may be able to find other, interesting ingredients depending on where you are at--some places have spinach, artichokes, eggplant...I don't much care for eggplant but I have had a pizza with those three things on it (in Canada) and it was great!

Good luck! =)|||Well i normally don't like red sauce, i like it margarita style (no sauce, just cheese, sliced tomatos, and basil) or just cheese with mushrooms and/or black olives...mmmm|||No sauce with just cheese is a good way.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment