Friday, February 24, 2012

I usually use Provolone cheese when I make pizza. But today I have in my fridge:

1) fresh mozzarela balls in brine
2) spreadable cream cheese with herbs

Do you think they would work if I put them on a pizza? Should I use regular tomatoe pizza sauce with them? For toppings I'm planning sausage, mushrooms and pepper.|||slice the mozz balls as thin as you can and defin use them.
i would avoid the cream cheese as it would be the wrong taste and usually does not work well with heat.

the beauty of a pizza - is that you can make it any way you like with almost anything on top.

try breaking apart cold chicken and adding broccoli then heating using gorgonzola cheese.|||Mozzarella yes - it is a natural (and much better than provolone in my opinion).

I don't think that spreadable cream cheese would be good (unless you are really desperate to put more cheese on and that is all that is left in the house).

Regular sauce is perfect.|||Well, I don't think I'd be using the cream cheese on a pizza. It's definitely not a pizza-y cheese. The fresh mozzarella balls sound awesome -- they would melt and be gooey and delicious. The cream cheese would just be...um....weird and soggy and probably kinda gross.|||Make two pizzas, one with the Mozzerella, and the other with the spreadable cream cheese......then you can decide which you like better...........heck, you never know, you might run into a new favorite!!! Also, have you ever tried a pesto pizza, pesto sauce substituted for the red sauce??? Try that sometime, very different (that is, if you like pesto) Enjoy your pizza!!!!!

Christopher|||I'd use the mozzarella. (rince first)

Regular pizza sauce should do nicely, I would add a bit of garlic to counter the salt from the brine.|||mozzarela is what I always use,I dont know about the brine part,never tried it.but cream cheese melts away to milk when it gets hot I think.|||use the fresh mozzarela, cream cheese eh...its ok, but the fresh is better, we use it at our resturaunt|||COOKING / BAKING is merely OPINION... ANY cheese you decide on is right !!

Experimenting to find your true desired outcome is all up to you! Let no one telly that you can or cannot do certain flavors within cooking / baking.|||If the cream cheese is not true Philly style but is the snacking kind that is really mild like Rondele, I say use that directly on the crust, and then make it deep dish Chicago style with toppings next, then mozarella, sliced, and the sauce on top..bake until the sauce on top is kinda thickens. A baking dish will work.|||yea can also use parmesan cheddar fror a different twist provolone|||I would just use the mozz and regular tomato pizza sauce. Sounds yummy.|||mozarella yeas. cream cheese no. regular pizza sauce yes. try a spot of onion and/or green pepper as well for toppings.|||Why not? Anything goes. If using the spreadable cream cheese I'd go light with the tomato sauce or not use it at all. I'd slice the mozzarella balls into thin slices or depending on their size cut into quarters or eighths. The nice thing about pizza and cooking in general - there are no wrong ingredients. Some of the best recipes have come from accidents or using what is on hand.

ENJOY!|||I love using provolone cheese on pizza but since you only have mozzarella in brine but i have no idea about the brine but the mozzarella cheese is good on a pizza, you should use the regular tomato pizza sauce.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment