Friday, February 24, 2012

Pizza sauce is like 4 times as much as spaghetti sauce. Can I just add extra oregano and garlic? Thanks.|||I think the deal with Pizza sauce is that it is thicker and more concentrated. Tomato paste with a tsp. italian seasonings works great. You can also add 2-3 Tblsp. spaghetti sauce to a small can of tomato paste if you like.|||yes, I use plain old tomato paste and a can of sauce and add spice to taste. Works great!|||Let me tell you something- Chef Boyardee makes a great pizza sauce. Also, just last night I made my girls french bread pizzas and used spaghetti sauce and it was great. I use MIDS and its the best sauce (spaghetti) I've ever had. You can't substitute pizza sauce for spaghetti- it'd suck. All it is is tomatoe paste.|||The basic ingredients are the same. In fact, any tomato sauce recipe can be used as a spaghetti or pasta sauce or as a pizza sauce.

However, pizza sauce should have a thicker consistency than most spaghetti sauces. Watery sauces will soak the crust and leave you with a soggy pizza.

If leftover or store bought spaghetti sauce is going to be used on pizza, as is with no 'doctoring', reduce the sauce by simmering in a sauce pan until it has the consistency of a thick pancake batter|||For my homemade Pizza sauce I use, 1 8oz. can tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon worchester sauce, Italian seasoning & garlic powder ( to taste) and about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Have used this recipe for years, and others have ask for this recipe too.

火车采集器
  • chrome apps
  • vegan diet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment