Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I want to make pizza tonight. I have lots of spaghetti sauce but no actual pizza sauce. I have both ragu and prego (prego being much more fully-spiced, ragu usually needing stuff added). I tried using just the straight agu out of the jar on a pizza and it did not work out for me -- too thin and the flavor was all wrong. If anyone has any tips for making my sauce acceptable to use on a pizza I would greatly appreciate it!|||i do this all the time! for the pizza dough, bake it in the over for 4-6 minutes or until slightly firm but not brown yet.

for the sauce, put it in a sauce pan and simmer with very little pepper flakes (pinch), a teaspoon of garlic salt, and a teaspoon of italian seasoning. let it simmer for 5-10 minutes and then use.

OR
if you dont want to use any sauce at all, i have found a great substitute which is great! crisp the dough first same as the notes above, then in a small bowl mix 1/2 cup of olive oil with 3-4 minced garlics. let the oil and garlic rest mixed together for 2-4 minutes while the crust is lightly toasting.

then spread just like regular sauce and sprinkle parmesano reggiano on top and add your other toppings as you normally would including mozzarella, etc... its wonderful on a veggie pizza~|||I thought I was the only one that did that.
I added 1tsp.of oregano and 1tsp. of finely minced fresh garlic
to the sauce.add some pepper and saltand taste to see if it needs
more.u might add a sm. can of paste to it also. but then u r going to have to cook it for about 30 mins. to get the raw taste of the paste out of ur mouth.but it will help.|||take the prego sauce put in a little sauce pan with some italian seasoning (thyme and oregano) and let it sit on the stove with medium heat untill it is cooked in a bit and is not that thin anymore|||Add ketchup to the ragu sauce.|||Try to slightly reduce it on a low heat

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment