Friday, February 3, 2012

I make pizza dough in my breadmaker and I was wondering if I could freeze half each time so I only have to make dough every second time I make pizza. Do I need to cook the Pizza base before I can freeze it or can I just freeze the dough? Thanks in advance.|||You can freeze it either way. To freeze uncooked dough, wrap tightly in freezer paper and store it in a freezer bag. You can also spread the dough out in the shape you like it, bake it just until it's done, let it cool completely, and then wrap tightly and freeze. This way, when you want pizza next time, all you have to do is thaw the crust, top it, and bake just a few minutes!|||Just freeze it in portions that you want when it's defrosted. When defrosting give it enough time to thaw and rise. I will usually take mine out of the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator then leave it on the counter for an hour to rise.
Instead of the breadmaker try making your dough like I do in my food processor. Probably the same recipe or use this one. It can't be simpler. I make it every couple of days, it's so easy.
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup warm water (between 95掳 and 115掳 F.)
1 pack yeast
2 T honey or sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt

Put the dry items in the food processor and turn on. While running add the oil then the water.
If it's too dry add some more water. If it's too wet add some flour.
It should look like the breadmaker dough that hasn't risen.
Take out shape into two balls, let rise for an hour and make them both or freeze one.
You can pre-make the shell and freeze it but that would take up more room in your freezer.
Enjoy|||Yes you can freeze it but I think I would spread the dough in my pizza pans and freeze them like that so that you could add your toppings and pop in the oven when you are ready to bake.|||No need to precook it. Wrap it tight and throw it in the freezer. Let it thaw overnight if you want to use it.|||Yes w/o a doubt its the same as bread doe .Look in your freezer case @ any grocier store. Bridgefords one I use here. But yes you can freeze pizza dough definitely|||Yes, you can freeze dough without cooking first. I wrap dough in lightly greased wax or freezer paper, then plastic wrap for added security. When ready to use, let defrost completely and return to room temperature, then kneed to reactivate yeast and continue with recipe. This is good for a couple days to a couple weeks, maybe a month. I haven't used it for any longer than that. Hope this helped and you are welcome!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment