Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm following a recipe for pizza dough online and after reading the reviews I'm unsure of whether this dough needs a second rise. Some reviewers said they did one rise, others did two. I've never made bread before so I'm wondering what the benefits would be to letting this pizza dough rise a second time after being punched down.

Thanks for your help!|||The purpose of rising twice with ANY recipe is simply to give time for more yeast activity. Yeast create flavor. Rather than rising twice, I recommend refrigerating your dough overnight. The yeast are still active in the refrigerator but the activity slows down. The overnight really helps develop flavor. Just take it out about 2 hours before you need to use the dough|||Lighter fluffier thicker crust.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment