Friday, March 9, 2012

I am making pizza from scratch, dough and all鈥?will it give me a crisp crust? Do I prepare the pizza on the stone cold then put in oven? What temp and how long?|||Yes, stones give a very nice crispy crust.
Basically what I do with my pizza stone is I put the stone in the oven, then I preheat the oven to the temp I need. The stone will heat with the oven.
Thn just cook the pizza on top of the stone like you would a cookie tray. You should have gotten a big wooden paddle with your stone so you can slide the pizza on it once it's ready to go into the oven.

However MAKE SURE THE SURFACE THAT YOU ROLL THE DOUGH ON IS VERY WELL FLOURED. I have made the mistake a few times of not being able to get the pizza on the wooden paddle because I couldn't slide it under the dough. I have actually rolled it onto a pizza pan (with no holes) and stuck my dough in the freezer for about an hour then put my toppings on and when it's a little forzen it's easier to slide off the pizza tray and onto the stone.

-Connor|||1) Place your square stone on the middle rack of your oven , turn the heat all the way up and leave it alone for an hour.
2) Make a ball with your 24 hour retarded dough that is about 3/4 the size of a softball and no more
3) Using your fingers flatten your dough out to form a circle
4) Make two fists and then with your knuckles underneath your dough stretch /toss your pizza so that it's thinner in the middle than it is on the edges.
5) Since you're a newbie I'll let you place cornmeal on your peel
However as you get more proficient at sliding a pizza onto a stone the use of cornmeal has to stop.
6) Place dough on peel, use your fingers to form a rim ,add only enough sauce to cover 4oz works , add cheese , and maybe one other ingredient
7 ) Give your peel a test shake to make sure that your pizza moves
8) Open oven door, holding your peel at a 30 degree angle slide your pizza onto the stone so that it first touches down at the rear of the stone then as you withdraw the peel the rest of the pizza comes into contact with the rest of the stone.
9) At 7 minutes open the door and quickly rotate your pizza 180 degrees
10) 7 or 8 minutes later your pizza should be done|||Your pizza stone should be in the oven and blazing hot. Use at least 500 degrees for an hour (minimum) with the stone before adding the pizza. I have actually had better crisping cooked directly on the rack as I could not get my stone hot enough.
The pizza should be cooked at 450 degrees for at least 20 minutes. You will have to check regularly to see if its done. Also, it can help to pre-bake the crust to ensure it isn't soggy.|||I am making pizza from scratch, dough and all鈥?will it give me a crisp crust?
*Possibly.

Do I prepare the pizza on the stone cold then put in oven?
*Prepare elsewhere. Sprinkle cornmeal onto the stone before adding dough.

What temp and how long?
*Temp is whatever the recipe asks for. Add an extra 5 to 10 minutes due to stone heat absorption.|||It's been a while since I used my stone. I would roll the dough out on a board while I preheat the stone in the oven. Then roll the dough over a rolling pin, and unroll it on the stone. You could put some corn meal on the stone to help prevent sticking.|||preheat the oven **with** the stone inside. The stone should be hot when you put the pizza on it. Sprinkle cornmeal on the stone so the pizza doesn't stick to it. I'd cook it at 325-350, depending on the recipe, until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is crisp.|||Use the stone just like a cookie sheet. Everything else is the same. The crust will be crispy. Enjoy your pizza.|||you will want to heat up the stone first and then place your pizza on it. This will give your pizza dough a crispy bottom.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment