Saturday, March 3, 2012

I love making homemade pizza and don't much care for the packaged mixes for crust. I want to put my bread machine to work so I can always have great dough to work with. Are there any tips on handling, freezing and thawing the dough? Any recipes that work well for this application? Thanks in advance for your answers!|||I use our food processor and the recipe from The Best Recipe by the Editors of Cooks Illustrated book. My husband and I are pizza fanatics and this dough has never failed us. It's so easy, I just make it fresh whenever we want it. If I need it to rise a little quicker, I turn our oven onto warm and set the bowl the dough is in over the oven vent.

Here is the recipe, and it could easily be adapted for breadmaker use I think. Try to get the Bread Flour - it's important. I recommend King Arthur brand if you can find it.

1/2 cup 110 degree water
1 packet instant yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1 1/4 cup water, room temperature
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups bread flour (plus extra for work surface)
1 1/2 tsp salt
Extra Olive Oil

In a large measuring cup with a spout, add 110-degree water. Gently sprinkle in the yeast and let stand for 5 minutes, until the yeast dissolves. Add remaining water and olive oil and stir. In an 11-cup (or larger) food processor with the dough attachment, pulse together the flour and salt. Continue pulsing while pouring in the liquid ingredients (reserving a few tbsp). Add the reserved liquid if the dough doesn't become a ball. Process the dough about 30 seconds longer, until smooth and elastic.

Transfer the dough to a floured work surface, knead it slightly and roll it into a ball. If it's still sticky, add a little more flour. Divide into 2 balls and place each ball into a large bowl greased with olive oil and cover with a damp cloth (wring the cloth out VERY well. It should just be moist). Let rise about 1 1/2-2 hours in a warmed room, until the dough has double in size.

Also, when it comes to sauce, we use the one from Cooks Illustrated as well instead of using spaghetti sauce.

1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
salt and ground black pepper

Combine everything. Set aside at room temperature for up to several hours.

You won't believe what a difference using this sauce will make! We don't measure anymore - we just add ingredients to taste, and we add oregano, a little red pepper flake and sugar to the sauce. Experiment with it - it's easy and really good!|||I sure do. Just a simple mix of flour, water, olive oil, salt and oregano.

I've never frozen it though. Always make it fresh.|||that's a good use for the breadmaker

火车采集器
  • sailboats for sale
  • jp cycles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment