Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm wondering if it makes a difference depending on the order of toppings.

I put sauce, cheese and then toppings on my homemade thin pizza dough... I noticed that sometimes the crust in the center is a little soggy. Would changing the order of toppings help?|||I put my cheese last, and you may not be baking it long enough.|||sauce, cheese toppings and more cheese!|||I make an exceedingly thin crust pizza cooked on a pizza stone.

My order is:
1. Home made pizza sauce
2. Toppings, such as red onion, peppers, ham, mushrooms.
3. Then add mozzarella on top.

I've never had a problem with soggy crust - maybe because I use a pizza stone? Despite it being exceptionally thin, about 1-2 mm in places, the pizza is crispy, light and NEVER limp. I preheat my pizza stone for 1 hour at 550F, then bake my pizza at 500F for 6-7 minutes.

Are your toppings dry? Eg - if you use spinach, do you cook then squeeze the excess moisture out? Personally, I think that it's because the temperature isn't high enough in the oven - try a pizza stone... it will draw out any excess moisture from the dough and make it crispy.|||No, I don't think it would help. I put the cheese on last to hold everything in place. Try using a pizza stone: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.鈥?/a>

if you do, you shouldn't have a soggy center.|||make sure the crust is rolled nice and thin and be willing to cook it long enough... and don't forget to sprinkle just a little more cheese on top of all the toppings to hold them together a bit!|||That is the same order I place my pizza toppings however I have found that a very thin layer of sauce and a higher temp for the oven helps the crust stay crunchy and not soggy|||That is the correct order.I put mine on in that order.Do you make your own crust? If so try to make it a little thinner in the middle and see if that helps.Also sprinkle corn meal on the pizza peel or pan then put pizza on top of corn meal.|||I think you're suppose to put a small amount of olive oil on the crust before the sauce, then toppings, then cheese. Try baking your pizza on an open rack in the oven, with a cookie sheet on the rack right below it.|||sauce first, then a little bit of meat and vegetables, and then cheese. then put the toppings on top again. very good pizza...|||The trick is to keep the topping thinner in the middle of the pizza. Tomato base, then whatever cheese or cheeses you fancy, then any toppings you like, but not in the centre, just leave it with the cheese and tomato so it cooks through.|||ok i used to work at a place where all i did was make pizzas. it wasnt pizza hut or anything but this is what i had to do.

sauce,
very little cheese
all toppings
then rest of cheese

it works best this way. when so much melted stuff is in the middle, you cant reach the crust or bottom layer. when you put just a little cheese so that the toppings stick it works better. if you put the toppings on top they tend to fall off and burn easier or faster.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment