Friday, March 9, 2012

My son's preschool is having a dinosaur week and I am the helping parent, so I wanted to make some dinosaur shaped pizza dough and bake them and then bring them in for the kids to put on their own toppings as a craft project. Do you think this would actually work?|||Yeast dough is usually too sticky to cut with cookie cutters. What you could try is to take dinosaur cut out shapes and trace around them with a sharp, floured knife.

I think that will work better.|||no reason it shouldnt- just dont let it rise a second time after cutting the dough.|||Yes. Its an individual thing.|||I think you can, but then you'l have problem with time you bake it. Since pizza's chapes and size will be different, their baking time will also be different, so you'll have to experiment a little bit and be more careful.|||Absolutely, I think the kids would love it! I love doing similar projects for my 7year olds class.|||I haven't done this but it sounds ok. I would think that being small they might puff up in the middle and then lose their shape. Can you go buy some cheap pizza dough (like Jiffy) and try it first or you might try english muffins or Boboli--something that's already cooked. Good Luck|||Sounds nifty to me!|||It will work - I have done it before. However, the shapes will become a little distorted as the crust rises. But, the kids will never know the difference. You can also use alfredo in addition to red sauce along with different cheeses to change it up a bit. Have fun!!!|||sure be creative|||I would recommend getting the pizza crust that is already for the oven just cut and add toppings. usually found near the deli/bread section|||Yes you can cut the dough to make individual pizzas. I would recommend dipping the cookie cutter in oil (olive) before you cut just so it won't stick. Also do a quick test run at home so you can get the timing right to avoid disappointed children at preschool.
Sounds like you will have a great time with the kids.|||yeah it will work. just cut the dough into the shapes before you add the toppings. u have to add the toppings before u bake the dough, so what i think would be a cool project is to make the dough and take it to school with the different cookie cutters and have the kids pick out their own cutter shapes and toppings, then bake the shaped pizzas. dip the cutters in flour so they dont stick dough|||Honey, you can do anything you wanna do. Give it a go.
The kids will love it.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment