Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm really craving some pizza right now, and, for once, I have all the ingredients to make it, except for the sauce. All we have in the house is some cans of diced tomatoes, I was wondering if I could make sauce out of that, and how I would do it.
Also, if anyone has any good recipes for pizza dough, that would be appreciated as well. I want to try something a little different from my normal recipe.|||For many people, diced tomatoes is a pizza sauce by itself.

Make it better... boil the diced tomatoes down a bit, thicken them, adding garlic (powder is fine), salt, onion powder, pepper and oregano. A couple pinches of sugar makes it nice too.|||i agree with the other answers. canned tomatoes can work perfectly with a little treatment. pour them into a pot and over medium heat, simmer them with olive oil, garlic and onion(powder or fresh) until it reduces a little. i always buy my grocery store bakery dough...publix has it on sale this week. also, if you have any herbs or dried Italian season throw that in there too.|||Run the tomatoes through a sieve to separate out the seeds.
Cook down with some olive oil, sugar, oregano & basil.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment