Friday, February 3, 2012

I always tip well - usually no less than $5, and I am always told by my pizza place that they'll have my pizza to me in 30-40 minutes. My buddy who lives nearby tips a buck or two at best and he's always told it will between 45 minutes and an hour when he calls.

Coincidence? Or do the pizza places keep track of tipping? What's been your experience?|||Ran a pizzeria for 16 years. Yes, the better the tip the better service you can expect to receive. Fifteen percent is the expected tip rate for a pizza delivery, but thanks for people like you who make up for all the other scumballs out there!|||it's not so much the pizzaria that keeps track as it is the drivers they are the only ones that know the actuall tip but as far as time it is not necesarily the drivers fault if it is late so you don't want to tip them less just because it is late unless you notice it to be the same driver

Report Abuse

|||Yep.... i agree 2 or 3 dollars|||I was always told to give 2-3 bucks. Usually, it takes about 45 mins to 1 hr to get my pizza. But $2 is standard all around.|||I dont tip the pizza delivery guy at all...because some pizza companies already take the liberty to charge you a delivery charge...and I think thats all they need. But yea sometimes I do, like when I dont want any coins and thats all the change im getting back...lol And I also found that if you order online, for example...at pizzahut.com , your order gets thru the system faster...and its says 45 minutes until it is delivered, I usually get it in 20-30 minutes...awesome!|||2 or 3 is fine regardless of how long
it takes to get your pie|||If you call like, between 5-7 pm, It's going to take long for your pizza to get there.. It's peak hours.

I ordered a pizza the other day at 4pm, and it got there by 4:30 I gave the dude a $5 tip.|||We haven't had pizza delivered in a while, but its usually a few dollars, and for the delivery time you have to take into account that the delivery person has to find your house if he or she has never been to your house before.|||Some of them might remember repeat customers, but I don't think they all do it intentionally. I usually tip $2-$3, unless it's a large order, and it's usually 30-40 minutes. Now, the Chinese food places usually say it'll be 30-40 minutes, but it takes 15. Go figure.|||Not sure about the coincidence or not. I ususally give three to five dollars.|||I live too far in the sticks to get delivery, so no tipping from me|||I usually tip about 3 bucks, because they already charge you for delivery....But if the delivery person gets there fast, then I will give them 5 bucks instead. When I order pizza...they usually tell me 35-45 minutes.|||Just like you, our pizza place usually takes about 45 minutes, but it's totally worth it! We tip $5 minimum, because I figure, if the person has brought me food to my DOOR, that's worth something! I also have a friend who delivered pizza in college, and they make almost nothing, so tips are very very important. Good for you for being a good tipper! Yay for pizza delivery! I don't t hink the delivery places keep track of tipping, but I imagine the delivery staff begin to notice a pattern over time.|||Here's the thing about pizza places charging for delivery, the delivery drivers DO NOT get that money. At least that was the case at the two pizza joints I worked at when I was in high school/college. Most people think the drivers get that money and then don't tip as well, which is crap. Have you seen gas prices, either get off your lazy butt and get the pizza yourself, or tip well. 5 bucks is a good number for a normal size order. Nothing was more depressing than bringing a party 150 bucks worth of pizza, and getting 3 dollars in return.

Seriously, what are you going to do with one or two extra dollars. Toss it into the tip, you'll make somebodies day, and they will remember you next time.|||you don't have to tip at all.|||I tip $5, especially now when gas prices are so high. I don't think the company is paying for their gas. Also, from my yrs of waitressing, I give better service to the people I know are going to tip me the best. The days of leaving 50 cents are over people. This is not the 70's anymore.|||5 bucks min. If you knew someone who gave you more then others where would you go first????

火车采集器
  • tess gerritsen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment